Lorry Mounted Crane Operator Training
Max No: 3 per course
Location: At the Customers Premises, or at our ULTS Training Site
Duration: from a 1 day refresher and official certification, to 2 days for beginners.
Instructors: experienced and accredited Instructors. We assign no more than three trainees to one instructor.
Cost: From £200 per day
Level: From beginners to experienced operators. Refresher and conversion courses available too.
Why use ULTS for your Lorry Mounted Crane Training?
ULTS staff have been Lorry Crane operators and trainers for more than 40 years, so our training is backed by hands-on experience and knowledge. This course is for candidates who are required to operate a Lorry Loader during their working day and aims to provide them with a thorough understanding of all the relevant operational and safety requirements. Uckfield Logistics Training Services can offer over 35 years’ experience in operator training for most lorry crane manufactures and attachments.
Our Lorry Mounted Crane Course Structure
The course involves both practical and theory training. Attending will enable an operator with no crane experience to progress through the course so that once they successfully pass the associated knowledge and practical tests, they will qualify as a Lorry Mounted Crane Operator certified by the examiner. They will receive training on the Safe Working Practices applicable to crane operations and sufficient practical training to ensure the operator is conversant and comfortable operating machines in a work environment.
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- Lifting Operations & Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998
- Approved Codes of Practice
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Risk Assessment & Lifting Plans
- Identification of components & terminology and capabilities
- Identification of controls
- Drive and manoeuvre the lorry loader, park and secure vehicle
- Awareness of electricity and proximity hazards on-site during lorry crane operations.
- Inspection of slings and lifting equipment
- Pre – operational checks on the lorry loader and vehicle
- Pre – operational Checks on lifting equipment
- Site the vehicle for lifting
- Prepare lorry loader for lifting
- Slinger signaller techniques
- Lorry loader operations techniques and safe use.
- Lifting loads and placing loads on the vehicle and ground level.
- Loading the lorry correctly and positioning of loads
- Prepare the lorry for travel
- Practical and theory test
On completion of the course Operators will be able to:
Identify the basic construction, purpose and function of components, and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges, this will include any attachments like Brick grab or clamshell bucket.
Identify and comply with manufacturer’s instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook, other information and legislation.
Carry out a per – use check and running checks on vehicle, crane and lifting equipment.
Explain the Safe Working Loads chart for a lorry loader
Understand a lifting plan, safe systems of work and the roles within the lifting team.
Configure the lorry loader for vehicle travel on the road
Use the correct attachment and lifting tackle for lifting of various loads
Set up the vehicle to carry out lifts at minimum to maximum radius and keep within the safe working parameters.
A restricted certificate can also be issued to the Company stating that the operator is certified to operate their machines only or has a specific restriction in the use of the crane.
For further details please call or email we are happy to help.